Thomas Snitzer has developed over 2 million square feet of office and residential space.
In 1985 his firm began renovating loft structures in Chicago’s North, West and South Loop. Projects completed during the next decade included 626 West Jackson, 560 W Lake, 820 North Orleans, 124 W Polk St, 1800 W Roscoe and 801 S Wells.
Subsequently, his firm completed (as developer, general contractor and sales agent) residential developments in Chicago’s DePaul, South Loop and Bridgeport neighborhoods including: Bridgeport Village, Dearborn Village, 701 W Jackson, 1801 West Diversey, Wolcott Row, Marshfield Townhome Lofts and Paulina Place Lofts.
- Bridgeport Village is the only development in the Chicago Association of Home Builders’ 65 year history to win the “Best Development” award more than once. Winner: 2002, 2003, and 2004. The project was also awarded “Best Chicago Development Project” by the Chicago Sun-Times in 2002.
- Dearborn Village won “Best Chicago Townhome” honors from the Chicago Sun-Times in 1996.
- Wolcott Row won the Chicago Association of Realtors Good Neighbor Award for Best Townhome project in 1993.
Our objective hasn’t been to be the largest developer, but one of the best. We typically undertake only one or two developments at a time. This provides more intensive project focus, superior architecture, construction and finish detail.
An important measurement of excellence is our sales record: During the past decade, all Snitzer developments have sold out prior to construction completion.
- We currently have no unsold homes.
- We are actively looking for land/development opportunities for our next project.
Educational background: B.A. Middlebury College, M.B.A. University of Chicago